The busyness of the autumn scrapbooking season is coming to an end and with the first snowfall this week, I feel like settling in for a lovely winter of scrapbooking – but it’s only mid-November! Maybe it’s the launch of the new Winterberry Collection from Creative Memories that has me longing for snowy scrappin’ days!
I’ll soon be decorating the house for winter and when I came across a wooden snowflake at the Dollarstore, I knew just what to do with it! So I dug out the Mod Podge and the latest Winterberry Collection from Creative Memories and got to work (or rather ‘play’)! I’ve been crafting with Mod Podge for over 30 years and this is one of my favourite creations so far, plus it’s super-easy!
And it’s unbelievably easy to make!
- Wooden snowflake (or any other shape)
- 2 sheets Winterberry Paper from Creative Memories
- Winterberry Stickers from Creative Memories
- Foam Squares from Creative Memories
- Mod Podge and foam brush
- Metal words or other decorations
- Turn the snowflake upside down and trace each section onto decorative paper.
- Cut the paper shapes out.
- Use a foam brush to apply a thin layout of Mod Podge to the wooden surface (the paper will bubble if you use too much).
- Adhere the paper to the Mod Podged surface.
- Sand the edges of the papered surface (optional).
- Coat the paper with a thin top-coat of Mod Podge.
- Add stickers.
- Use Foam Squares to add words, cutting into smaller pieces if needed.
- Hang & enjoy!
So, what do you think? Don’t you just love the idea of using your favourite scrapbooking paper to decorate your home?