I couldn’t wait to get a little crafty with the NEW Genuine Collection from Creative Memories! I knew just what I wanted to create with it when it arrived! And the fun thing is, it inspired a scrapbook layout (and my next blog post) too!
I just love Mod Podge, don’t you?! It’s a fun way to add personalized decorations to your home or create gifts with. The first craft I ever made with it after I got married was a decorative plastic water jug I covered with fiber paper cut into tiny squares in hunter green and dusty rose that I filled with dried flowers! Can you guess what decade that was? I will have to see if I can find a pic!
It’s now time to swap out the snowflake I made for the holidays with inspiration for the new year! I was inspired by the Genuine Collection from Creative Memories and the “Brave” laser embellishment seemed to speak to me as we head into a new decade. I found the wood hanging plaque at the dollar store, spread out the Genunie papers, stickers and laser cut embellishments on my craft table and got to play, I mean work!
And it’s unbelievably easy to make!
- Wooden plaque and small shape (I used a star)
- Scraps of Genuine Paper from Creative Memories
- Genuine Embellishments and Stickers from Creative Memories
- Foam Squares from Creative Memories
- Mod Podge and foam brush
- Cut pieces of decorative paper to fit the sections.
- Use a foam brush to apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the wooden surface (the paper will bubble if you use too much).
- Adhere the paper to the Mod Podged surface.
- Sand the edges
- Add Embellishments and stickers as desired
- Use a foam brush to apply a thin layout of Mod Podge for a topcoat.
- Repeat Mod Podge steps to decorate a wooded star, adhere with Creative Memories Foam Squares
So, what do you think? Don’t you just love the idea of using your favourite scrapbooking paper to decorate your home? This “Be Brave” plaque will remind me each time I see it, that I am brave and I can take on new challenges and new situations! Perfect to start the new decade!