It’s that time of year! A time to celebrate the season of giving and enjoy time with friends and family.
Now, more than ever, I am more conscious of the environmental impact gift-giving can have. In an effort to minimize that impact, I’ve chosen to “Go Green” with the packaging of gifts we’re giving this year. I’ve purchased reusable canvas bags, kraft wrapping paper, and decorated kraft paper gift bags! What a fun way to add a little more love to your gifts than to decorate the wrapping yourself!
Take a look below at how easy and fun it can be to decorate kraft bags.
- Kraft paper bags (I found mine at a dollar store)
- Creative Memories Double-Sided Decorative Paper
- Creative Memories Repositionable Adhesive
- Creative Memories Pine Tree Punch (or other punch)
- Creative Memories Silver Pen (or other colour)
- Jingle Bells (optional)
- Punch a variety of shapes from Creative Memories Double-Sided Decorative Paper
- Adhere shapes to the kraft bag using Creative Memories Repositionable Adhesive
- Use a silver pen (or other colour) to add stars, dots or other doodles to fill in empty spaces
- Add gift inside the bag.
- Close using tape (no need for tissue!)
- Add an ornament or two for decorations (optional)
And did you know, Creative Memories Papers are recyclable? (most scrapbooking paper isn’t!) Using repositionable Adhesive allows you to remove the shapes and add new ones, so it’s a great “Green” choice to use on your gift bags!
So, what do you think? Can you imagine creating these all year long for different occasions? I think this is also a fun way to use up your scraps!