This week’s project is all about layers, folded layers! And what better way to fold than using our Creative Memories “Magic Trimmer”! This layout is a bit fancier than I normally create as it has lots and lots of layers, but the design itself is pretty simple if you look at the clean lines. You could easily remove a layer or two if this is too much for you!
So, let’s start with the sketch…
Now for my sample, all supplies are from Creative Memories:
- 12″ Trimmer with Scoring Blade
- Border Maker System or Border Punch (1st sample uses the Cloud BMC and 2nd sample uses Scallop Bust Punch)
- 3 sheets of 12×12 Designer Paper
- 2 sheets of Cardstock
- Embellishments & Stickers
- Adhesive & Foam Squares
- Start with a piece of 12″ x 12″ cardstock as your base
- Add a layer of 11.5″ x 11.5″ white cardstock to give a visual break between the dark cardstock and the patterned designer paper
- Add two layers of designer paper 11″ x 11″ and 10.5″ x 10.5″
- Use the MAGIC MATS technique to cut photo mats and two border strips using the 12″ Trimmer and Border Maker or Punch (Click here to watch the Magic Mats Video) with a sheet of designer paper.
- Cut a few more border strips from scrap papers.
- Use the 12″ Trimmer with the Scoring Blade to score the border strips close to the edge of the pattern (see photo)
- Adhere layers as desired, folding along the score line to add dimension,
- Add stickers and embellishments with Foam Squares as desired.
- Note – it’ okay if your border strips don’t go all the way to the edge of the page – it’s a lot of layers and leaving a bit of space in the lower corner gives the layout another visual break.
So, what do you think? Can you imagine creating a layout using folded layers?
Happy, Happy Scrapbooking!
Check out my Facemasks and other fun items on my Redbubble Store