Today, it is Techniques, Tips & Tricks Tuesday on the Creative Cafe International Facebook Page, and I am happy to announce that I am the Featured Designer for this week!
Today, I will be sharing 5 Tips to create a 10-minute layout!
Here they are:
1) Magic Mats – Choose up to 4 photos, leave them 4×6 or trim one to a 4×4. Keep the lines simple. If you haven’t learned the Magic Mat technique – it’s a MUST! I can now create a border and 4 – 4.25 x 6.25 photo mats using the CM 12” Trimmer in LESS than a minute! Click here to watch how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiRxicAx2co
2) Process Adhere – Instead of adhering one photo to a mat at a time, add the adhesive to the back of all the photos, then adhere them to the mat. Do the same for adhering the mats to the background paper. This is a HUGE time saver!
3) Add Dimension – use the ink pad from the CM Alphabet Stamp Set to ‘ink’ the edges of the photo mats. This helps to define the edges of your photos and give them a pop without adding an extra matted layer!
4) Cluster Embellishments – Create an odd number of embellishment groupings on your layout – I generally create 3 groupings, 2 small and 1 large. Small groupings have 1 – 3 elements, large groupings have 5+, always in an odd number. Be sure to use Foam Squares to pop up the top layer or two.
5) Bling it up! I LOVE using the CM Gems & Pearls on an album page. If you find them bit tricky to use, use your Multi-Purpose Tool (a MUST have!) to help take them off the backing sheet and apply to the layout.
Watch the process in this video:
So, there you have it, a simple 10-minute layout! Can you imagine creating a layout like this?
Want more Techniques, Tips & Tricks? Register for the Creative Cafe Virtual Weekend Retreat, December 13 – 14, 2020! We’d love for you to join us for a weekend of scrapbooking fun! 6 Classes, 6 Instructors, 6 Tips & Technique Sessions and so much more! Click here to register or for more information!
Happy, Happy Scrapbooking!
Check out my Facemasks and other fun items on my Redbubble Store